There’s a whole lot of advice online about how best to structure your digital marketing campaigns. With tips and tricks jumping out of every corner, it’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed. Let us cut to the chase.
The Dos of Digital Marketing
- Use a strong, responsive Content Management System (CMS). WordPress, for example, offers built-in publication and website templates, along with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tools. Update your content regularly and try to keep things simple. Sprawling websites and convoluted descriptions can be off-putting and difficult to navigate.
- Social media, social media, social media. Cultivate an alluring online presence across various social networking platforms. Which networks are most suited to the image you wish to convey and the audience you’re hoping to reach? Once you’re set up, keep active and engage with your followers.
- Make the most of analytics. Monitor where your traffic is coming from. What areas or markets need more attention? What is the cost per acquisition? Have you considered implementing a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) strategy to drive brand awareness? Analytics are invaluable to see where you’re flourishing and where you’re falling down.
- Establish a name for yourself. Google rewards those whose URLs are listed on websites outside of their own. If you have collaborated with other brands, ask if they’d be willing to review your services on their website, while linking to yours. Sweeten the deal by offering to return the favour.
The Don’t of Digital Marketing
- Never be flippant with privacy. Comply with GDPR, give customers the choice to opt-out of marketing campaigns and have their data deleted upon request. Link to your privacy statement clearly on your website while ensuring your site and payment gateways are SSL secured.
- Try not to miss out video content. If you have the appropriate tools and skills to create videos for your brand, don’t delay! Every day that passes, the reach and influence of YouTube, Vimeo, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook videos, Snapchat, and Instagram Stories expand. Think of how much information you could convey visually, orally, and aurally in the space of a one-minute video!
- Don’t abandon the classics. We all know that the online world is developing at a staggering rate. New methods of communication spring up on the regular. But don’t let those distract you from some tried and tested methods of digital marketing. We’ve emphasised the importance of email marketing countless times. Its influence is unparalleled. While it can be tempting, and often effective, to integrate new methods of advertising, don’t be blindsided. Oldies can be goodies, too!
If you’re looking for guidance on how to effectively grow your brand’s online identity, don’t hesitate to contact us. Happy marketing!